PMAS Arid Agriculture University is a renowned university in Rawalpindi with an overall acceptance rate of 34%. This low acceptance rate is indicative of a low and quality student intake in this university.
About PMAS Arid Agriculture University:
The foundation of Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University was laid in 1994. This university holds expertise in different fields of Agriculture, Forestry, and other life sciences. The university also holds teaching expertise in Computer sciences and management sciences. The total faculty members are 249 and about 12,000 students are currently enrolled.
Ranking of PMAS Arid Agriculture University:
The ranking of this university is 1001 among the international universities and between 301 and 350 in the field of forestry and agriculture. This university resides at position 8 among all the Pakistani universities.
|Undergraduate programs (BS)
||50-60% acceptance rate
|Postgraduate programs (MPhil/MS)
||60-70% acceptance rate
||Merit and need-based
|Social programs and initiatives available?
PMAS Arid Agriculture University Acceptance Rate for Quota Seat:
This university provides quota-based admissions to students in some departments from rural and backward areas to apply and study in top-ranked universities in Pakistan. The quota is based on 75% rural and 25% urban students acceptance rate.
Devotion to Key Founding Aspects:
- The university was established in 2002 to promote agriculture education and research in Pakistan. It maintains a specialized focus on agricultural sciences.
- PMAS Arid Agriculture University was founded as a ‘land grant’ institution devoted to providing agricultural education and practical training to students. The curriculum is oriented towards hands-on learning.
- The university aims to modernize the agriculture sector and promote technology use in farming practices through its programs and outreach.
- Providing practical knowledge and skills training to students is a core part of the university’s teaching methodology. The curriculum integrates internships and field visits.
- PMAS Arid Agriculture University offers programs combining agriculture science with disciplines like business, computer science, food technology, etc.
Admission Opening And Requirements:
PMAS Arid Agriculture University provides opportunities to applicants for admission once a year in BS and MS programs.
The specific admission criteria for PMAS Arid Agriculture University are;
||Minimum required is 50%
||Minimum required is 45%
||For BS and MS (Department specific criteria)
||If applicable for MS programs only
Is PMAS Arid Agriculture a Good University?
Arid is an HEC-recognized public university that provides affordable quality education. The quality of education is maintained by experienced faculty members and proficient researchers. This university has attained an exceptional HEC ranking owing to the integration of theoretical knowledge with practical experience.
What Are The Major Factors Taken into Consideration for Selection by PMAS Arid Agriculture University?
1) Academic Record
This includes grades in matric, intermediate, and bachelor’s degrees. Strong performance in relevant subjects like math, biology, chemistry, etc is preferred.
2) Relevant Subject Background
Meeting prerequisite subjects and having an academic background related to the program applied for is important.
3) Statement of Purpose
The SOP is reviewed to gauge student’s interests, goals, and reasons for applying to PMAS Arid Agriculture University.
4) Entrance Test Score
The university has its own entrance exam testing aptitude, analytical abilities, and knowledge of core subjects. Good test scores are required.
5) Financial Need
The university may consider financial need as a criterion for some seats.
Is There a Need to Pass the Entry Test for Admission to PMAS Arid Agriculture University?
The university acceptance for admission is based on an entry test with at least 50% passing marks and at least 45% marks in HSSC. For admission in evening programs, there is also a requirement of passing the entry test.