This private-sector university has an overall acceptance rate of 90%. This acceptance rate is indicative of a large number of applicants being admitted to the university out of overall admission applications submitted.
About the University of Lahore:
This university was established in 1999 and currently holds 8 working campuses in the Punjab province. This university is one of the largest and most famous private-sector universities in Pakistan. The university holds 11 different faculties related to Arts and Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering studies, and Medicine and Dentistry. There are about 45 departments and an estimated 35,000 students in the university.
Ranking of the University of Lahore:
The university maintains its name and was ranked at the 1001 position by the QS World Ranking. The university also stood among the top 3 most proficient private-sector universities in Pakistan.
|Undergraduate programs (BS)
||50-65% acceptance rate
|Postgraduate programs (MPhil/MS)
||60-75% acceptance rate
||Merit and need-based scholarships are available
|Social programs and initiatives
Devotion to Key Founding Aspects:
- It was founded to provide quality higher education across various disciplines including business, computer science, engineering, arts, and medical sciences.
- The motivation for establishing the university was to fill the gap between the demand and supply of higher education opportunities in Pakistan.
- The university offers a semester-based system and curriculum that is structured around American models of higher education.
- Significant emphasis is placed on research publications, training programs, and providing skills relevant to industrial jobs.
- The University of Lahore was founded with the vision of making quality higher education accessible to all social classes in Pakistan.
Admission Opening and Requirements:
The university gives opportunity to applicants to apply in both Spring and Fall intakes. i.e., twice a year.
The specific admission criteria for this university are;
||Minimum required is 50%
|University’s Entry test
||Department specific criteria
What is the Admission Process for UOL?
Admissions are offered twice a year. You can apply by filling out an online application or physical form. The supporting documents include test scores and interviews (if applicable), etc.
What Facilities are Available for Students?
Facilities include libraries, labs, lecture halls, sports complexes, healthcare, cafeterias, dorms, auditoriums, student activity centers, internship cells, career counseling, etc.
Does the University of Lahore Have International Collaborations?
Yes, UOL actively engages in international collaborations with universities and institutions globally. These collaborations may include exchange programs, joint research initiatives, and academic partnerships.